The George Gustav Heye Center is a branch of the National Museum of the American Indian in New York City, USA.
The museum is part of the Smithsonian Institution. The center features contemporary and historical exhibits of art and artifacts by and about Native Americans.
The center is named for George Gustav Heye, who began collecting Native American artifacts in 1903 and opened the Museum of the American Indian on Audubon Terrace in upper Manhattan in 1922. That museum closed in 1994 and part of the collection is now housed at the Alexander Hamilton U.S. Custom House on Bowling Green in lower Manhattan. The Beaux Arts-style building, designed by architect Cass Gilbert, was completed in 1907. It is a designated National Historic Landmark and a New York City landmark. The center's exhibition and public access areas total about 20,000 square feet (2,000 m²). The Heye Center offers a range of exhibitions, film and video screenings, school group programs and living culture presentations throughout the year.